Colon Cleanse~Lung Cleanse~Liver & Gallbladder Flush
Parasites are only a serious problem in Third World countries … aren’t they?
This attitude – that in our civilised society we are too well educated and clean for parasites to be a serious concern – is prevalent throughout Europe and America. Yet there are about 300 types of parasite thriving today, including pinworms, tapeworms, hookworms, whipworms, roundworms and Giardia lamblia ( the latter has infected waterways nation-wide ). Parasites know no boundaries, are oblivious to income, nationality, age or beliefs and more than 80% if the world’s population is infected.
Most people know you can get tapeworms from eating under-cooked pork, but did you know you can get parasites from shaking hands with an infected person, playing with your pet or even from children who pick-up little freeloaders from their friends at school. You can also get parasites from eating raw vegetables and the spread of parasites through sexual practice is more easily passed than venereal diseases.
Parasites usually live in the intestinal tract where they look forward to a steady diet of sugar-laden goodies, fried, processed and other junk foods. They breed happily growing fat stealing your nutrition, drinking your blood and fouling your system with their wastes. Parasites take a heavy toll on your immune system and its function causing many secondary health disorders
An effective herbal program can go a long way towards eliminating parasites and the symptoms they cause, but to remove all the parasites which may be living in the colon, small intestine, blood and many organs it is essential to embark upon an effective cleansing program and to do so on a regular basis.
Good old fashioned Castor oil is not a mineral oil but is the oil of the castor plant bean and for centuries recognised as a potent laxative. Castor oil lubricates the walls of the colon and helps loosen the hardened, impacted waste materials. Thanks to modern science you can now take this cathartic and intestinal-wall lubricant without the unpleasant taste by ingesting frozen Castor Oil Capsules.
Castor oil, when encapsulated and frozen, will pass through the stomach and small intestine before dissolving. Freezing the capsule before ingesting totally eliminates the traditional cramping associated with castor oil liquid because the capsules dissolve in the ileum, the last three fifths of the small intestine. Here the digestive tract hydrolysis this oil into recinoleic acid which whilst harmless to humans is deadly to parasites. The ileum connects to the cecum by way of the ileocecal valve and the majority of parasites of all kinds will nest in the cecum area ( the lower end of the ascending colon where the large bowel begins ). This area is warm and moist, providing a plentiful source of fresh food for these poisonous invaders.
Castor oil not only suffocates parasites but is nature’s penetrating oil for colon plaque. When the castor oil capsule is frozen it does not act as a laxative, is odourless and will not “burp” back. Suggested dosage is 2-6 capsules every 12 hours.
*WARNING* Do not take Castor Oil while pregnant! Castor Oil is a stimulant that can induce labour. Many women past their due date are given Castor Oil by their mid wives to induce labour. This is an old and effective practice still very much in use today. Consult your doctor, mid wife or naturopath before taking.
There are are a few lung cleanses that are very good and have helped me. Choose the one that is right for you, guided by your own common sense of course.
(1) PINEAPPLE CLEANSE FOR THE LUNGS
Your lung’s respiratory membrane, where oxygen and carbon dioxide are exchanged is very thin – just 2 layers of epithelial tissue (one for the alveoli and one for the wall of the capillary). Over time, your lungs lose their elasticity, due to matter slowly accumulating. Pineapple is believed by some naturopaths to help cleanse and tone your lungs, as well as help expel intestinal worms through the enzyme bromelin which is found inside pineapples.
Things You’ll Need:
- Frozen Castor Oil Capsules
- Crushed Pineapples
- Ginger Teas
- Herbal Teas
- Pineapple Juices
- Pumpkins Seeds
- Raw Almonds
- Laxatives Tea
1. Eat fresh pineapples, as much as you desire, for 3 full days. This fast can be done for up to 10 days, but a minimum of three is necessary to achieve any results.
2. Drink wormwood tea or ginger tea as well. You may also include figs, raw almonds, and whole pumpkin seeds in your diet. These foods are also believed to be beneficial lung foods, but should only be used moderately and in addition to, not as a replacement for, the pineapple.
3. Drink a laxative tea or eat frozen castor oil capsules on the morning and night of the third day, and each day you fast beyond that, to help eliminate waste. Try one capsule at first, and if that is not enough, try two.
4. Break your fast by eating oranges or lightly steamed carrots to prepare your body for heavier foods.
5. Wait at least 6 hours after eating oranges or carrots before moving onto some raw or steamed vegetables. You may return to your normal diet the next day, but try to avoid heavy, difficult-to-digest foods in the beginning.
– The pineapple fast is excellent for anyone with any sort of intestinal worm, since the enzyme Bromelin, prominent in pineapple, destroys tapeworms and most other worms. It even destroys worm larvae, before they can hatch.
– Include some light yoga and breathing exercises during your fast. Think about your lungs healing during this fast.
– The astringent qualities of pineapple will loosen and clear mucus and toxins formed in the porous tissues of your lungs, allowing your lungs to better oxygenate your blood, and improving your entire well-being. Other astringent fruits work in a similar way, but in the tradition of this fast, pineapple is considered to be especially good for your lungs.
– Pregnant women and children should not fast.
– Consult your naturopath or doctor before going on this fast especially if you have diabetes, heart disease, ulcerative colitis, or epilepsy; if you are under 18 or underweight; or if you are on medication.
(2) LUNG CLEANSES
Persons who have eaten a Standard American Diet for many years, especially with a lot of dairy foods, tend to have lungs tissue that has excess fat and lungs that have excess mucus in them. The fat and mucus coupled with physical and/or emotional stress in the chest or upper back can lead to asthmatic attacks. In addition, the lungs can often bare the brunt of the toxic chemical attack on the system as the chemicals are, for some people, constantly being breathed in. It is important to cleanse and heal the lungs as well as to remove toxic chemicals from the air.
I will include two lung cleansing techniques in this section. These cleanses are very advanced and 1) should only be done under the guidance of an experienced holistic health practitioner, and 2) need not be done before the other cleanses, even for asthmatics.
i. Herbs for the Lungs
- 1. Lotus Root Tea
This tea helps dissolve and eliminate mucus and lung congestion over time.
- Fresh Lotus Root (preferable)
a. Grate a 2-inch piece of fresh lotus root and squeeze out juice through a cheesecloth. Add 2-3 drops of ginger juice squeezed from freshly grated ginger root and a tiny pinch of sea salt. Add an equal amount of spring water and boil for a few minutes.
- Lotus Root Powder
b. Add one teaspoon of powder to a small cup of water. Add a tiny pinch of sea salt and 2-3 drops of ginger juice. Heat on low flame and turn off flame when boiling begins.
ii. Lotus Root Plaster
Lotus root plasters are excellent for dissolving mucus deposits in the bronchi and sinuses.
- Supplies needed:
1. Everything that is needed for Ginger Compress (see above).
2. White flour.
3. Fresh lotus root (check Chinese grocery store or natural food store).
4. Cotton cloth.
5. A sheet or other cloth to keep plaster in place.Steps:
1. Perform a ginger compress for 10-15 minutes on lungs region.
2. Grate fresh lotus root.
3. Mix lotus root with 5% grated ginger and 10-15% flour.
4. Spread paste on cloth about 1/2 inch thick.
5. Apply cloth so that plaster directly touches the skin.
6. Tie in place with sheet or large cloth.
7. Keep plaster on for several hours. You can sleep with it on if you tie it in place.
8. Procedure should be repeated for 7-21 days. Thick mucus will start to be discharged.
A more complete description of the Lotus Root Plaster can be found in the following book:
Macrobiotic Home Remedies
by Michio Kushi
Japan Publications, c1985
iii. John Christopher Emesis Cleanse
This cleanse is performed during the height of a mild asthmatic attack or mucus condition in the lungs. This cleanse is contraindicated for children, elderly, debilitated, very weak patients, pregnant women, obesity, and patients with stomach ulcers, lung trauma, and heart disease.
- It involves drinking a couple of quarts of peppermint tea followed by 1 teaspoon of Lobelia tincture and another teaspoon of the tincture ten minutes later. If emesis has not occurred, the back of the tongue should be rubbed until it does occur.
The full description of this type of cleanse can be found in the “Asthma” section (pg. 3) and the “Lobelia” section (pg. 358-, 365) of the following book:
School of Natural Healing
by John R. Christopher
Biworld, Provo, Utah, c1976
Obviously, persons who tend towards bulimia and other
food addictions should avoid this cleanse.
iv. Ayurvedic Lung Cleanse
Another way to eliminate mucus and congestion is through Ayurvedic Emesis Therapy (called “Vaman”). This cleanse is contraindicated for children, elderly, debilitated, very weak patients, pregnant women, obesity, and patients with
stomach ulcers, lung trauma, and heart disease.
- The cleanse involves drinking oil (e.g., olive oil) and eating oily foods for three days before the enesis. Daily application of heat to the chest and upper back are performed (e.g., castor oil compress — see above for instructions).
- On the day of the emesis procedure, a mixture of calamus root tea is carefully measured and prepared (by the practitioner). After drinking the tea, emesis is then encouraged by rubbing the back of the tongue. A short two-day juice, broth, herbal tea fast is then performed. Lots of rest is indicated.
A more detailed description can be found in either of the following two books:
Ayurveda: The Science of Self-Healing
by Dr. Vasant Lad
Lotus Press, c1984
Natural Healing Through Ayurveda
by Professor Dr. Subhash Ranade
Passage Press, Salt Lake City, Utah, c1993
Obviously, persons who tend towards bulimia and other
food addictions should avoid this cleanse.
HOW TO DO A LIVER AND GALLBLADDER CLEANSE
Many people attempt to do a liver cleanse by taking herbs and certain foods which stimulate the liver, but unfortunately, if the bowel is not clean, once the liver cleanse or special diet is finished the liver will become dirty again, due to the toxins from the bowel. This is because the bowel is the first line of defense in the body against wrong eating. So it is much better to cleanse the bowel first, and then the liver. But luckily most bowel cleansing formulas will also cleanse the liver automatically as many of the bowel cleansing herbs also stimulate bile production in the liver.
Many people however have gallstones in the liver and gallbladder which should be removed using the liver-gallbladder flush once a bowel cleanse has been completed. American medical textbooks indicate that only 20% of Americans over 65 have gallstones, but some natural health practitioners suggest almost all Americans have gallstones, due to their diet which is high in meat and fatty food.
Olive Oil and Lemon Juice Liver and Gallbladder Flush Recipe
This liver-gallbladder cleanse can be performed either over 3 days or 7 days depending on what is convenient. The 3 day method is more difficult to perform and also more inconvenient for many people who have to go to work or take care of a family, but it is possibly more effective as the bowel also gets cleansed along the way. The first part of the cleanse consists of consuming a lot of apples or apple juice, which softens up the gall stones which block the bile ducts which lead to and from the liver and gall bladder. The second parts involved drinking a cup of lemon juice and olive oil which causes the gall bladder and liver to flush bile into the bowel, which pushes out the stones and toxins.
If undertaking the 3 day liver cleanse, then the person should consume as many organic apples, apple juice and apple cider vinegar as they can. No other food or solids should be taken during the 3 days. Be sure that the apple juice is either freshly squeezed from organic apples, or if you are buying it already made, please make sure it is organic, with no additives, such as vitamin C or ascorbic acid or anything else. If you cannot find organic apples, normal apples should be fine, but be sure to scub them with a plastic dish scourer under running water to remove waxes and pesticides before consuming. When juicing the apples, if they are not organic, cut out the core, as a lot of toxins can be in there from the sprays.
If undertaking the 7 day live cleanse, the person should drink as much freshly squeezed or organic apple juice and apple cider vinegar as comfortable for the duration of the 7 days. Over 1 litre is recommended per day. During this week, do not eat meat, dairy or wheat products. Have no sugar and, if possible, stay away from coffee and cigarettes. You basically want to try to have only alkaline forming foods , This helps to detox the body. On the last day of the 7 days, consume a light vegetarian meal for lunch and have no dinner, except maybe an orange or grapefruit.
Now, whether you are dong the 3 day or 7 day liver cleanse, the instructions are the same. On the final day, around dinner time, drink a cup of prune juice, this will help with moving your bowels the following day, you may also take an enema now if you wish. 1 hour after the prune juice take a good herbal laxative that you know will get you moving.
Some liver flushes recommend taking Epsom Salt (or magnesium sulfate) at this point, do not do this as it is dangerous and can damage the body.
Just before bed measure out 120 mL (~half a cup) of room temperature, unrefined extra-virgin olive oil (or you can use more if you want, up to 240 mL, if you want a stronger flush. But it is recommended to start with 120 mL on your first flush as you may feel sick). Mix the olive oil with the same amount of fresh organic lemon juice (120-240 mL) at room temperature. Squeeze the lemon juice and mix both in a blender. If you don’t own a blender, shake the mixture well in a jar. Then drink it. Hold your nose and gulp it down fast. Or if you really like olive oil and lemon juice you can drink it slowly and savour the flavour.
At this point some people may feel nauseated, but don’t worry and just try to hold the drink down, Now go bed and lie on your right side with your knees up to your chest for at least 30 mins, the longer the better.
The next morning, have another cup of herbal laxative and some more prune juice about 30 mins later. Some time on this day you should have a big experience on the toilet. Keep an eye out for the stones, or if you are lucky they may have been liquefied by all the apples you ate.
Have a look at what comes out and look for little green balls or blobs. They are usually light green to dark green and sometimes turquoise. Black stones may appear, but that is very rare in western countries. The stones may range from a thick liquid (if you’ve consumed a lot of apples or juice!) to the size of your thumb. The normal size is a little larger than a watermelon seed to the size of a small coin.
Usually you can see them easily. If you found a lot of stones (approx. ½ cup or more if they were all in a blob), you should do the flush again in another two weeks.